Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Can Do Bad All by Myself

I am going to skeet off political issues a bit, and maybe deal with this tid bit that we call humanity.
That title is the new movie by Tyler Perry.
I can do bad all by Myself...and to which Mary J. Blige sings the titled song that is sure to make it into the charts. However, now I am examining at the pain and suffering that is represented in the movie. I admit, I have a weakness, and that is people who are going through pain. I seem to have a radar for that, and it breaks me every time. I am still working on getting to know how to control heartache in the midst of pain. But I gues you cannot just turn that off, and on.
The act of caring for others is called common decency, and I wonder why we lack that as days go by.
Why is it we lack compassion? Why is it, instead of helping each other, we turn against each other like leeches, feeding on other people's misery? Does it makes us feel better to not care? Does it make us feel better to just make sure that someone else is suffering more than you are?
As it is said, pain is a price to pay sometimes, but some seem to have a bit more than their share, and I wonder if it would break us to just help those people out. I wonder if it would hurt to be kind to others.
Would it kill us, to stretch out our hand and help out? would it hurt our pride? Would it makes feel less than we are?

1 comment:

Azazel said...

Hahahahaa am so enjoyin that finally u've realised what i've been saying all this while. Human Beings do not give a shit, and if we bring religion into it. The blame lies @ your Christian God's feet. I have told u a million times, when you start killin millions of people arbitrarily just because you can, you cheapen the commodity. Human life is a cheap commodity, people might not admit but they feel it, they think it. Even for those who express compassion, there is always a motiveeeee. Always a catch.