Saturday, February 05, 2005

Video games----Cont'd

So I take one more step and see what goes around in games production. There are graphic designs and compatable softwares for these games and many other things that I could never pretend to understand. There are other many production companies that I stopped at teh fifth one.
My guy friends and my brother Steve, are really into these games. They would lose sleep playing a game that has no end. Then I realize that the perception of Video games being from the devil is not totally correct, maybe because of my love for Steve. I might not really want to admit that he is being an advocate of the devil. But it's more than that. without claiming to be an Insider, I have began to see the other side of these games. The other side meaning those insiders who know too much about video games and love to seat down and play them. There are so many games in different genres. There are educational Video games, sports, fighting, puzzle, first-shooter, racing games and so many others. This is my first understanding of these games. If I was honest, i could say that some of these games sound interesting. Steve, bless him, has tried to teach me how to play sports games and no matter how much i want to play them I can't. I just don't get it. Once he tried to teach me to snowboard and my character kept falling and having unbelievable meets with the walls. It takes time, and a lot of concentration. Hand movements are a must something that i don't really excel in.
The gamers take a role of someone in that video game and no matter what genre the game is, there is always an obstacle to be overcome. So to them there is probably that sense of myth that can be found in each Video game. A story that gets to be told only by the player and no one else.
The whole Video game industry goes in circle, while the gamers benefit there is also the computer software industry, graphic designers, and the distributors. All these people in these different places enjoy the benefit of Video game production
If you have read these two posts on Video games, you will probably realize that I know nothing of this text. It is a strange language to me so please feel free to enlighten me.

No comments: