Sunday, September 30, 2007

So its sunday night and am seating on my desk, and am watching Monsoon Wedding (yes, I do have a small obsession with bollywood) lol, and writing my paper and studying for Geology...yes, MUlti Tasking...such a new concept you know...
but anyways, all this is happening on the screen on the new iMac that Pete so graciously carried to my room....and I had an epiphany. What an old concept yet it sticks now. Those who know me well know am a cynic when it comes to love...yes, especially when its in the American society when people get married at age 18-20 and by the time they are 30, they have gone through 3 divorces...Wat a Joke on marriage...and Love? hello! if you fall in love, how the bloody snorts do you fall out of love so quickly? ANYWAYS!
I was watching this movie, and arranged marriages, and then I was taken back to a call I received from my father yester morning...too early when i was supposed to be sleeping. he claims to have found a man that would be good for me, if I only would get to know him. While I would never dream of being rude to my father especially on the phone, in my mind, I was like the old man has gone crazy. But then after talking it over with a friend, I saw in his sense that he was worried. Here I am, 21, and not any prospects of marriage. The man wants his cows now, so off course hes worried am gonna get married to some poor american and he wont get his cows, so hes gotta act fast...LOL
back to the movie, so as all this is going through my head, am thinking, wow...this is true love. Not the true love in the movies, but Love as we see it alive and breathing. Be able to set aside one's past, and marry a stranger? Oh the very idea gives me chills. Or should I say, am scared. I would like to know what am geetting myself into...but then if I did, i would prolly carry the baggage of he is never gonna change cause hes' always been so and so.
My second epiphany was the idea of family. While am not into kids (love kids to death, but my own...dont think so) I am not so inclined to have my legacy passed from one generation to another. I think am okay in just investing in those children whose parents left them or were just too stupid to take care of their kids.....
but the idea of family...not Hollywood style but bollywood style. I like it better, because blood is thicker than Water...and that is a concept that never dies. The family that goes throught thick and thin for you....I mean its a pain, but a beautiful pain...anyways, I am still chewin on this one, so give me time and i will post on this again

No comments: