Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Caught in a Gay Pride Parade

What started as a nice day, turned berserk when I decided to go shopping after going to church. I should have known to go out then.
Nowadays, everybody wants to have a parade....
Anyways, this past sunday was the gay pride parade...Joy oh joy...yes. But being that I have alienated myself from news in the last MJ-hysteria days, I did not know. So here I go, calmly navigating through 34th St, I reach 5th ave, and I end up being caught in the most amazing parade ever. Gay pride parade! I mean, its all good, I gues. They are allowed to celebrate especially since they have 'come out of the closet'. Interesting though because there are a lot male bodies that are really really not supposed to be in mini skirts of boom boom shorts...or for that matter in bikinis., this goes for the females too actually. Now if this was not an inconvenience to my day , I might have just crossed the street and went on to my shopping (which I happen to not like very much)
Now its one thing to have a thanksgiving parade, or a Mets parade, because really they are showing off something, fruits of their labor, or whatever new products are in...but having a gay parade is a whole different thing. By the way, this goes in the same category as having a PR or Irish parade, or any kind of cultural parade.
Celebrate culture, celebrate your identity, but not doing so in a manner of "we are here, look at us, celebrate us"

soon restaurants will have to carry not only free-trade coffee, but homophobic-free coffee, or wine that is gay appropriate. This will actually be an occasion because these days, everyone wants to be recognized, and wants the whole world to know, in the words of Movado, "I am so special"
Well at the moment, I am waiting for the Atheist parade...lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol @ carry homophobic coffee..
Only u nemesis..
Only u

Aleks said...

Oh no, I'll never be able to afford gay-approved coffee.

dmuragijimana said...

Then, u better get a very friendly gay, who will allow u to drink just about any coffee u want in their presence